The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I love my wife's respect and honour toward my parents

It's been a few days since I last posted (I normally won't be posted during the weekend... I'm not usually near a computer). However, it gave me a lot of time to think about what else I love about my wife... so I have a head full of ideas, but the one I want to talk about is how my wife honours and respects my parents.

We always hear the "in-law" jokes and it seems that having a good relationship with your extended family is always difficult.

However, my wife goes the extra mile to honour and respect and love my parents. We went to my parents place just last night, and I was so blessed to se my wife greeting my parents with a kiss and a big hug. Then, she helped in the kitchen, without anyone asking her. She washed the dishes. She cleared the table. And maybe most importantly, she constantly tells my mom to sit down (my mom comes from a typical Eastern European background, where thw men and guests sit, and the wife of the house spends most of the time in the kitchen and on her feet serving the party), while she and I help with the serving.

She has never spoken ill of my parents. In fact, I can't think of one negative word she has said about my parents. She praises them for their hard work. And she takes an interest in their lives. She is possibly the perfect daughter-in-law!

I am so blessed that the in-law issue is not an issue I have to worry about. And I am sure that my parents love the respect and honour they get from her.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 p.m., Blogger Boris said...

I will add your blog to my blog... I just haven't had a chance to figure out how everything works yet :)

be blessed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home