The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I love my wife's eyes

"How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes are doves." -
Song of Solomon 1:15
What more is there to say. I find my wife's eyes absolutely beautiful. She is 1/4 Nepalese, 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 French, 1/4 Ukrainian, so her eyes have a sliglt almond shape to them, and they are a deep brown colour. There's nothing more beautiful to me!

Her eyes are like doves. Doves often represent peace and purity... And that is what my wife's eyes bring me... peace and purity. When I look into her eyes, I have peace and I see a purity of love and care.

The dove also represents the Holy Spirit. And to know that my wife walks by faith and not by sight, that she walks in the spirit rather than by her flesh, makes me so happy. One of the few criteria I had growing up was that my wife would go to church with me. Well, that vision has grown to having my wife serve with me... And she does!

I want to share another verse, but it doesn't have that much to do with my wife's eyes:

"Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are the pools of Heshbon by the
gate of Bath Rabbim. Your nose is like the tower of Lebanon looking toward
Damascus." - Song of Solomon 7:4
I spoke this verse to my wife a few years back before we were actually dating. I kind of said it as a joke... well, really, in our modern language this is downright weird poetry. However, there is something there that speaks of beauty, peace, strength, endurance, resilience... and my wife has them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home