The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

I love my wife's perserverance and hard working attitude

I'm so amazed by my wife. She never gives up, never quits, and just keeps pushing on. And all her hard work and perserverance does pay-off. My wife finished her BA with a specialization in Applied Human Sciences (or Relations, I forget the exact title) just this past August. What a specialization means is that she did more courses, i.e. more work, than someone doing just a major. She also finished a minor in French. On top of all that she was working between 15-25 hours a week, sometimes full-time in the summer, she took full-time summer courses, which usually means about 4 courses, she served and volunteered at church, heading our welcome/follow-up team, leading a small group Bible study, singing with our church band, and mentoring tons of people. And the kicker, with ALL that on her plate, including family and household responsibilities, she graduated with a 3.8 GPA, got on the Dean's list, and received membership into the International Golden Key Society, which is only offered to those who finish in the top 15% of their faculty!

And my wife did all that in spite of suffering from fibromyalgia. She lost one year in university, because this disease/illness robbed her of her strength and ability to walk without a cane and caused her insufferable pain. Yet she did it!

If you also consider where she came from... she came to Canada from India when she was 13 years old. She did not know any French. She had an abusive childhood (not from her parents). And she is where is is today... that amazes me. I honour that, and I respect that. And I love my wife for that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home