The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

I love that my wife tells me when she is hurt/offended/angered by what I say or do

I am not a perfect man... Just in case you had some false notion of what a great guy I am since I keep a public blog or how wonderful and how much I love my wife :)

I have, and I probably will again (not that I plan or purposely do it), hurt, offend, or angered my wife with something I have said or done. Again, I am not perfect--none of us are. However, I am not saying this to excuse myself, but rather to show how forgiving, loving, and all-round wonderful my wife is.

She will always tell me exactly how I had hurt her. It may not be right away. But she will always come around and speak to me. I so appreciate that, even if it may make me uncomfortable or upset or hurt me at the time. But, that is really just my pride. It is me realizing that I did or said something wrong, that I still have many character flaws that need change and many rough edges that need "sanding".

I love that my wife will come to me and tell me when my words have hurt her, because I tend not to think much before I speak. And often, the first words out of my mouth are not the most appropriate. Or the tone I say them in comes out rough and rude. I am just so blessed to have someone so close to me that is helping me overcome these "flaws", before I hurt some little heart (i.e. our future children).

I love my wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home