The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

I love celebrating Christmas with my wife

I suppose it was inevitable that I'd be writing about Christmas so close to the actual day. But really, there is something special about Christmas and being married. I did enjoy Christmas as I grew up, but often it was marred with a family fight of some sort or at the very least all the "kids" hanging out together and all the parents hanging out separately. And the only time we were really together was when we ate... Which is ok, because food is good! :)

But, really, there IS something special about being married and spending the holidays with my wife. This is going to be our third Christmas as a married couple, fourth as a couple. We haven't yet established any traditions, but just the excitement of being together and knowing that we have a lifetime to grow and come up with our own traditions we will keep with our kids (none yet)... That just bring joy, hope, peace, and love to my heart.

The Bible says that a man will leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife, and they will become one flesh. I know that's very allegorical, spiritual, and maybe metaphysical, but, you know what, around the holidays, you can see that it is true. There is no one I would rather be with than my wife at Christmas. I love my family, I love her family, but really, if we would just hole ourselves up at home together... I would be just as happy... If not even more happy.

Merry Christmas Everyone. And Merry Christmas my love... I'll see you at home ;) ;) nudge nudge.

I love my wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home