The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I love that my wife and I see eye to eye

It's not just one area that we see eye to eye... thank GOD!... but there is something that is coming up in our lives right now, which I am very happy that we do agree on it. However, this is going to be a challenge for me to present it in a way where I do not become extremely negative. So here goes.

My wife and I are both tired of people who give excuses... or who complain about others, but don't see themselves. We're tired of people, who often look to us for mentoring or counsel, yet completely disregard anything we say. My wife and I have been through a lot... though we are humble enough and smart enough to know that we still have TONS to learn (we're 26 and 32, respectively... that's my wife and me!). Nevertheless, we've been through university. We've worked. We've served in our church. We've fought. We've loved! So there is a bit me know and understand. It is frustrating to see others making the same mistakes you did... and you try to steer them onto the better track, but they refuse with their actions.

Actually, I think that's what frustrates us most. People will say, "Yes, Yes, I get it. I'll do it." But then their actions show something completely opposite to that.

And then, on the other hand, I guess we need to learn how to let go and let people make their own mistakes. It's just when you have a heart for people, you don't want them to suffer needlessly... at least, it seems needless in our eyes.

So, I love that my wife and I see eye to eye on this. I love that she is as passionate as I am (if not more) about seeing others grow and flourish into the great people they can be. And yes, as sadistic as it may sound, I love that my wife gets frustrated by these issues!

I love my wife!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home