The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I love when my wife takes time to relax

My wife is a "busy-bee". She works... and works... and works... and works. And it's not that she creates things to work at, there is tons of stuff to do, especially at home! :P

But, I am the type of person that needs to shut off sometimes, even when there is still tons of work to do. I need to "escape" and relax at times. And I am so appreciative that my wife acknowledges that and supports it and partakes in it.

Last night was a great example.

The previous week went like this:
Sunday Night - I closed at the coffeeshop
MOnday NIght - I closed at the coffeeshop
Tuesday Night - Marriage class and a church leaders meeting after that
Wednesday Night - played a concert at MacDonald college
Thursday Night - played a concert at Vanier College
Friday Night - house-sat a friend's place and Cindy did laundry
MOnday-Friday day - worked at Dawson
Saturday Morning - a Men's breakfast meeting, raked my friend's leaves
Saturday Afternoon - grocery shopping
Saturday Night - had a small get together with some friends at our place (means cooking and cleaning for us)
Sunday - Church and closed at the coffeeshop

This coming week I work during the day, and every evening we are either practicing for or in a conference, which includes all day Saturday!

So yesterday evening was really the only time we would have alone. And with dishes piles up in the sink, my wife was willing to ignore that and go see the Incredibles and just spend an evening in each others arms. I LOVED that... and I love my wife.

BTW, the Incredibles is a great movie. I think I might give a more detailed review of it soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home