The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

I love my wife's humbleness

Let me explain, since this covers many areas.

My wife is humble enough to know and recognize and admit when she is wrong. My wife is humble enough to say sorry when she hurts me or offends me. My wife is humble enough to realize when she needs to ask for forgiveness and asks for it.

See, even though I may have a rough & tough exterior, or I may act all macho, like nothing hurts me... I am in fact a very sensitive person. I always have been. I guess I'm part of the minority of men who are more right-brained than the average man (in other words, I can be as emotional and "in touch" with my feelings, as I can be logical and facts-driven... though I may not always have the words to describe what I am going through).

That is why it is so important to me that my wife does say sorry and does recognize it when she makes a mistake that hurts me. I've been hurt emotionally most of my life, with the other person never making much of an effort to correct the wrong or help heal the wound. However, knowing that my wife wants to see me whole, and is willing to set aside her own ego and pride for my benefit makes me feel loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home