The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I love my wife's differences (part 5)

I love that my wife can talk! And I don't mean in the physiological sense... though I guess it would make life very different. What I mean is that my wife is a conversationalist... like every other woman, I suppose. Different studies put women's daily word count somewhere more than double that of a man's daily word count. WOW!

But you know what, I love that about my wife. One of the reasons is that I probably fall well below the average male in his daily word count. At least, I used to until I began to talk and have meaningful conversations with my wife. I used to be very quiet. And, it seemed, that I naturally would keep things to myself. I wouldn't talk much, unless I felt that what I had to add would be important and make some difference to the conversation... from my male-left-brained perspective. But what my wife has taught me is that just talking about how my day was with her IS important and makes a huge difference to her emotionally.

Just talking, about anything and everything, is so important to her, and I am slowly learning how to talk with her. She is also learning when enough is enough, and my brain is so full that I cannot take much conversation, and just sitting together snuggling is enough :) (oops, did I just reveal that I, a man, like to snuggle... oh, well!)

I love my wife!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home