The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I love my wife's differences

Last night, my wife and I attended the first class on building relationships, particularly marriage relationships. The main point the speaker made was that there are millions upon millions of differences between men and women, from physical to emotional differences. But the key is to value and honour those differences.

That really impacted me, and made me realize that the "differences" that seemed to frustrate me, was only due to my lack of understanding that they are differences. I am so thankful for the differences between my wife and I.

In particular, I love the fact that my wife can be so organized in her mind even when things in the house seem to be very disorganized. She has a plan and a place for everything. I often just get frustrated, because I focus on one thing, but the clutter distracts me... and so I can barely complete the one thing I wanted to in the first place. In essence, I get overwhelmed by seeing too many tasks and by trying to sort through them in my mind. My wife makes it look effortless and easy. Thank God one of us is like that!

I think this will be one of those on going ones. I love my wife's differences - part 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home