The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Friday, November 26, 2004

I love that my wife gets over problems quickly

The month of November has been a tough month on my relationship with my wife. We've been working a lot. Every weekend has been taken up by some kind of event or job to do. Last week, the whole week was spent volunteering for a conference hosted by our church (my wife was heading the registration). We have spent, maybe, 2 or 3 evenings together before this past Monday... And often the only thing we did was veg-out on the couch and watched TV, because we were so tired and burnt. This week was supposed to be different because we basically had the whole week (evenings) free. But what did we end up doing... vegging-out on the couch and watching TV! Some other things came up, and lo and behold, our free week ends up being all booked up.

This obviously caused some problems, some hurt feelings, some anger between myself and my wife. We talked about it yesterday. We shared how we were feeling. And, we didn't really finish dealing with everything, but come this morning, my wife was happy, smiling, and affectionate.

As I said, we're not where we want to be in our relationship. There are some issues we still need to talk about and negotiate. And what I am referring to here is not that we simply sweep our problems under the rug and not talk about them. We deal with them. But what I love about my wife is that she is happy with our relationship. She doesn't allow an argument or a problem affect her whole week. She doesn't allow some issue to keep her from loving me and showing her love to me. I guess, in other words, that would be described as not holding a grudge, or being forgiving. And that is what my wife is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home