The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Monday, November 29, 2004

I love that my wife puts up with my crap

Marriage can be tough, even in the best of circumstances and relationships. I thank God my wife puts up with my crap.

We've had a tough few months.. for various reasons. Ultimately, we were not spending enough time with each other. And I have been feeling very empty, very lonely. To use Dr. Harley's terminology, my love bank was in the red! It was overdrawn. I had nothing more to give. So this weekend, I kind of lost it.

However, even though my wife was tired as well, and her love tank was probably not full either, and her only desires was to curl up, go to bed and not deal with the issues... she listen to me... she cried with me (I'm man enough to admit that I cry)... and she wants to work through it all.

I know that we are often taught to just get over "petty" issues (issues our society or our culture considers petty), and to deal with our own issues. But it is so sweet and so encouraging to know that you have someone who wants to walk through those things with you.

Thank you, Sweetheart, for putting up with my "crap".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home