The Multitude of Ways I Love My Wife

A blog about my wonderful & beautiful wife, and ALL the ways I love her.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I love that my wife is a Lion with some Otter & Beaver

What the heck am I talking about?!? ;-)

It has to do with personality types. My wife's strongest type falls in the Lion category. This is the authoritative, firm, bold, action-oriented, problem solving, strong willed type of person. She isn't overly a Lion, but enough to get things done. The Otter part describes someone who is enthusiastic, motivational, very verbal, friendly, creative, fun-loving, enjoys change. The Beaver is the accurate, consistent, practical, factual, detailed, analytical type.

Why do I love this in my wife. Well, I am strongly a Golden Retriever with Otter and Beaver tendencies. You know what Otters and Beavers are like now, but the Golden Retriever. Those are the type of people who are fiercely loyal, sensitive, avoid confrontation, warm, relational, non-demanding, gives in, adaptable, patient.

We really do compliment each other well. My Lion category is fairly low, while my wife's Golden Retriever category is low. Sure it sometimes causes friction--(actually, I just think that it's because I myself am so confused... Sometimes the Beaver is very strong and since they tend to be perfectionists, nothing is perfect for them!)-- But in the end, all that friction is good for us. It causes us to understand one another more. It causes us to be more conscientious. It also helps us to be more open with one another. My wife being a Lion has helped me with confrontations. I still don't like it. I still have trouble doing it sometimes, but I've learnt to confront much more than before.

I know it might sound funny, or opposite to the traditional way of viewing a husband and a wife. You would think that the husband should be the Lion and the wife the Golden Retriever... But really, I am happy that my wife is the action-oriented one. I'm happy that she can see what needs to be done and she goes after it. Sometimes my creative (Otter) side gets the best of me and all I do is spent all the time dreaming rather than putting anything into action. My wife's Lion is helping me and is going to be crucial for me to get my coffeehouse off the ground... Actually, more like out of the clouds :)

I love my Lion ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home